March 11, 2019 at 4:31 PM
Inspired by Annabel Langbein, this Chicken Laksa is a delicious, nutritionally balanced dinner which bursts with flavour and leaves you feeling warm and satisfied. I love having this all year round, as it can be both refreshing from all the fresh asian flavours on a summers day, or warming on a winter night where you want to snuggle up with a soup.
It contains good healthy fats from the coconut cream, which helps reduce hunger after the meal. Suitable for those who are dairy and/or gluten-free, and can be made vegetarian by swapping the chicken for boiled eggs OR prawns.
- 600g Chicken Breast
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 a Pack of Rice noodles
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbs Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 Tbs Crushed Ginger
- 1 Red chilli diced
- Handful of Chopped mint, Corriander, Spring Onion
- 3/4 cup Bean Sprouts
- 4 tbs peanuts
- 1 thinly sliced chilli
- Garnish dressing : 1tbs lime juice, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbs fish sauce.
- Cover rice noodles with boiling water, making sure they are fully submerged. Leave to soak whilst making the soup.
- Heat 1tbs of oil in a non-stick pan, and add the ginger and red thai curry paste for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, chilli's, chicken stock, coconut cream, and bring to boil.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms and diced chicken to the soup and then bring back to boil and cook for 5-10mins.
- Whilst cooking, prepare the garnish.
- Check the chicken is cooked through, then drain noodles, add to the soup, and serve with the garnish :)