Israeli Couscous with Chicken and Pesto
August 06, 2019 at 12:13 PM
We love easy meals! This recipe came when Feel Fresh Nutrition Community Manager and Nutritionist, Rosanne, threw some ingredients together that she had leftover in the fridge. As with many recipes, you can exchange one protein for another (e.g. chicken for seafood or fish), and one vegetable for another depending what’s in your crisper and your taste preferences. On the day she made this meal this particular combination really hit the mark!
½ cup dry Israeli Couscous, cooked according to package instructions
200 grams of leftover roast chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 courgette, grated
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic
Spray of olive oil
2 heaped tbsp pesto
Grated parmesan to serve, optional
1. Cook the couscous, rinse and set aside.
2. Put the chicken pieces along with some garlic and a spray of oil into a pan and gently heat.
3. Add the grated courgette and tomatoes in the pan for the last minute.
4. Combine the couscous, chicken, courgette and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss together with the pesto.
5. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan on top.
Dietary fibre: 4.05g
A big thanks to Rosanne from Feel Fresh Nutrition for sharing the recipe with us. For more about Rosanne, CLICK HERE.