Easy Spanish Prawn Risotto
June 05, 2018 at 12:05 AM
Serves 6-8 people
100g chorizo (optional)
2 Bags of Spinach
1/2 red onion
1 tin Italian tomatoes
1 cup uncooked arborio Rice (Makes ~2 cups cooked)
4 tbs Olive oil
(Fats from chorizo)
2 cups chicken stock or broth
5 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
A handful of Italian parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven on bake to 180 degrees
Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Sautee for 2 mins then add rosemary, chorizo, and rice.
2. Toss rice through for 1min to coat with olive oil, then add chicken stock, tinned tomatoes, and paprika.
Bring to boil and simmer for 20mins, stirring occasionally to stop the rice from sticking to the bottom.
3. Whilst rice is cooking, run the frozen prawns under hot water to defrost and remove tails.
4. Add the spinach and prawns to the rice and stir through. Once spinach is wilted, and most of the liquid is evaporated, transfer risotto mix to a baking dish, and place in the oven to bake for 5-7mins.
5. Remove risotto from the oven and garnish with Italian parsley
Tip: For a lower carb option, add chopped carrots and courgette to bulk up the rice, and make it last for 6-8 servings.
Kimberley is qualified nutritionist holding a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Exercise Sport Science from Massey University. She has developed a passion for whole food nutrition and uses a combination of evidence-based nutritional science and her own clinical and personal experience to offer solutions and guidance for a wide range of health goals.