Recipe courtesy of Feel Fresh Nutrition
Lemon and pepper is a classic flavour combination that works well as a seasoning on both chicken and fish. This version is taken up a notch with an array of herbs and spices, making for one seriously delicious mouthful. With the inclusion of cauliflower rice, enjoy this dish as a lower-carb dinner option.
1 free-range skinless chicken breast
1 tsp virgin olive oil
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp lemon thyme
¼ tsp smokey paprika
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried thyme
pinch sea salt
¾ cup cauliflower
½ cup spinach
1. Add olive oil to a frying pan and preheat to a medium.
2. Roll chicken breast in the herbs and spices mix. Squeeze over half the lemon juice.
3. Cook the breast for ten minutes. Flip and cook for an additional five, until cooked through. Place the other half of the lemon to the pan, with the cut side down.
4. Meanwhile, prep the rice by finely blending the cauliflower to a rice-like texture. Mix the spinach through. Dress with additional lemon juice and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the lemon and the chicken from the pan, and then slice the breast on an angle.
To serve: place the rice mix in a bowl and top with the chicken and charred lemon.